Do you want to talk about an easy weekend project? Taking apart your Jeep Patriot stereo and replacing it with a new one is the perfect way to spend a few hours. This article will show you how to take out the old, and put in the new!
I know what you’re thinking: “But why would anyone want to do such a thing?” Well, there are many reasons someone might replace their existing Jeep Patriot Radio like replacing it when they’ve lost or broken theirs, wanting more features from their old model either because newer models have come.
Are you tired of hearing the same old songs on your Jeep Patriot’s radio? Well, you’re not alone! Fortunately, there is a way to get new music in no time: remove it completely. You’ll need some tools and about an hour for this project.
What tools do you need?
- Screwdriver (not electric)
- Pliers or a wrench to remove bolts and screws
What do you need the tools for? In order to take apart your Jeep Patriot stereo, you’ll have to dismantle it first. You can use pliers to twist off any stubborn pieces of metal or just use a screwdriver on anything else. Be sure not to lose any parts!
Removing Jeep Patriot Radio: step by step
1. First, turn off your Jeep Patriot and remove the key from the ignition.
2. Remove all screws on the top, bottom, left side, and right side of your Jeep Patriot’s stereo with a screwdriver (make sure to not lose any).
3. The next step is disconnecting all wires connected in the back of it. Here’s how: Unscrew the bolt holding down each wire, then pull out the wire from its slot until there are no more left.
4. Lastly, find all remaining bolts around where those came from previously and unscrew them too before pulling out the old radio.
5. Now that there are no more screws holding it in place, you can slide out your old Patriot radio and put your new one in its place!
In summary, this article shows you how to take apart a Jeep Patriot Radio so you can replace it with something better. The steps are easy to follow and it should only take about an hour!
What did we learn?
The tools you might need are a screwdriver (not electric) and pliers or a wrench. – You will have to dismantle the stereo first by unscrewing any stubborn pieces of metal with pliers before using a screwdriver on anything else. Be sure not to lose any parts! Disconnect all wires connected in the back of it next, then find remaining bolts around where those came from previously and unscrew them too before pulling out the old radio antennae amplifier part. Lastly, slide out your old Patriot Radio and put the new one in its place!
It should only take about an hour for this project! Don’t worry, you’re sure to get through it because it’s not hard at all!